NEED HELP IMMEDIATELY?
- TALK TO AN ATTORNEY 24/7: (786) 361-4037
- ADDRESS: 11401 SW 40th St Suite 204, Miami, FL 33165
- WORKING HOURS: 24 Hours A Day, 7 Days A Week
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- CATEGORY Homeowners Insurance Claims
There are two types of Fire Damage claims: a total loss claim and a partial losses claim. A “complete loss fire damage claim” applies to cases where a home is completely destroyed by a fire. A “partial losses fire claim” applies to instances where the home has only been partially destroyed.
If your home has suffered Fire Damage, complete or partial, make sure to do the following:
- Report the Claim to your Insurance Company;
- Make a written request to your insurance carrier for an advance on your fire damage insurance claim;
- Find temporary housing;
- Secure your property;
- Photograph and/or video record your damage;
- Make a list of all the items you lost;
- Get repair/replacement estimates;
- Gather and keep all receipts for your temporary living expenses;
- Continue paying your insurance premiums and mortgages;
- Alert your adjuster if you or a resident of your home has health sensitivities such as allergies or asthma; and
- Thoroughly inspect your roof, structural steel/iron, succo, siding, concrete, windows, plumbing, heating systems, and your interior walls/framing.
Homeowner’s insurance claims can be very complex and have many nuances. If you or someone you know has filed a homeowner’s insurance claim, or is thinking about filing a homeowner’s insurance claim in South Florida, call us at (786) 361-4037. We may be able to assist you. All consultations are free.